Wednesday 6 April 2016

WADING THROUGH THE SEA OF HELP (Part 3 - London Catalyst)

I lied.

I forgot about this one, London Catalyst.

Another one that states they don't actually help but then spout about how fantastic they are, despite me never having heard of them before, lol.

Anyway. These organisations, whether I have heard of them or not, range from small to big and all claim to do wonderful things. For the disabled.

I have always, and I mean around 20 years, been suspicious of charities from ones for the disabled right up to those for the terminally ill. I was involved with someone dying and no one gave a flying fuck for Ken, other than a mutual mate called Graham, my friend Steve and myself with me and Steve being the only ones caring for him. He was left in a room to die.

The only person coming round hiding the spoons he needs to take his liquid form of Oxycontin downstairs where he could not get in a million years.

He could not get to the effing toilet and that was only the next room!

What I witnessed shocked and enraged me. Especially when you ask a certain organisation called Barndoc why they refused to come out to you when the Doctors ordered them too and they told me that they only come out if your dying.

Would sound like a joke, would it not? Except for the fact that it is true of this organisation.

Well my mate Ken was dying and no one was anywhere to be seen and he was in constant pain and agony for months up until he died.

So then ...

Next on the soon to be infamous list is London Catalyst ...


EMAILS ..

Dear Martin

London Catalyst is a grant-making trust that gives grants to community groups and charities that are working to tackle poverty and ill-health within the M25. As I explained in my last email, we aren’t able to provide grants, support or advice to individuals. There are other organisations that offer that kind of help, but I’m afraid this is not something we can do.

If you are interested in finding out more about London Catalyst then do visit our website: www.londoncatalyst.org.uk

I’m very sorry that I am unable to be of any more help.

All best wishes

Alison

Alison Beck
Administrator – my working days are normally Tuesdays and Fridays
London Catalyst, 45 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JB
Telephone: 020 3828 4632
Registered Charity 1066739
Company Limited by Guarantee 3460296

From: Martin Haswell [mailto:l.com]
Sent: 24 March 2016 02:04
To: Alison Beck
Subject: RE: Your letter to London Catalyst

Dear Alison

Thank you for your reply.

It is funny as I thought that's the site I got your details from.

Well I was specifically looking for advice and pointers as far as grants and legal representation go.

Surprised you was unable to provide advice to either.

So what, exactly, do you do?

Yours

Martin Haswell BSc

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Alison Beck
Sent: ‎22/‎03/‎2016 12:18
To:
Subject: Your letter to London Catalyst
Dear Martin

Thank you for your recent letter to us here at London Catalyst.

I am afraid that our trust does not give grants to individuals in need. We can only fund charities or community groups. When people contact us asking about needing help as an individual, we usually point them in the direction of https://www.turn2us.org.uk/ which is a national charity helping people in financial hardship gain access to support and charitable funds.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Best wishes

Alison

Alison Beck
Administrator – my working days are normally Tuesdays and Fridays
London Catalyst, 45 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JB
Telephone: 020 3828 4632
Registered Charity 1066739

Company Limited by Guarantee 3460296



No comments:

Post a Comment